Monday, February 18, 2008

REMODELING





I should have got photos before we unloaded it. There was stuff up here that was dated back to 1965; credit cards Bon Marche cards paperwork it was really cool to go through and see all of it and the pictures of my grandparents. Plus Seth and I had all our storage up here on top of some of moms furniture. So you can imagine the amount of stuff that came out of this big space. It is now all downstairs until we can go through it and be sure the fam gets everything they would like to keep of grandma & grandpas! Meanwhile Seth and I and with the much needed help of friends we are gutting it! I am currently working on the wall paper and I am about to tear my hair out. I have tried water, scoring, DIF nothing seems to do the job. We closed in a door that led to the dead end boukeny. We can still get out there from the bedroom. We are also planning on putting in a door so the kiddos can't get to the stairs. Mom and Dad are planning on replacing all the windows and putting some french doors in the beroom where the sliding glass door is. Putting new carpet down and painting. We have a lot ahead of us but are so excited to have more space for the time we are here at my parents. And I am totally sieked cause i have never been able to have a space to decorate and mom has told me I can pick the colors as long as they aren't to wild. I will keep a log of our progress!

4 comments:

Rachel Mai said...

This looks amazing! Anyone who knows the layout and how much "stuff" was up there knows how much work this is. Good Luck!

Penning Family said...

What happened to Idaho. I thought you were moving there?

Jaimee said...

Hey you! Good job sis! I can't believe how much progress you've made your amazing! I am happy for you guys that will be really nice once it's all done! Seeing the pictures sure does bring back memories though, wish we were closer so I could help! Good luck with the wallpaper that part is the worst ;) Hope you had a great Valentine's Day! And just so you know we are finally back from Tahiti, I can't believe how much can happen in 10 days! xoxoxo

Jessica said...

Hey Lindsey!
I am a (self-proclaimed) professional wallpaper remover. I removed every kind of wallpaper from every square inch of wall space in our house we are remodeling and I can tell you--the only thing that works is a wallpaper steamer. You can buy on at Lowes or HD for about the same price as renting one. Ours was about $100, a little less maybe, but worth every penny!!!! I can not tell you how much time you'll save if you have a steamer. And It comes down easier if you steam from the top and pull down. I'd start in a corner of the paper, let it steam a couple seconds and then peel off the corner, following the steamer head. Steamers are nice for lots of other projects on an onld house too. I feel your pain. Wallpaper should never have been invented.